Should Power boat or RIB users have a license?

There have been rumours that powerboat and RIB drivers are going to have to be licensed and yet nobody seems to know if this is true. I’m on the fence about whether it’s a good idea, as I don’t think it can be efficiently policed. After all there are enough enforceable laws around at the moment but little seems to be done.

I have heard that some dealers will sell their highest powered , biggest, fastest powerboat or RIB, to the first numpty that has the cash and no idea.

At JBT Marine (specialist rigid inflatable boat dealers), we do our best to persuade novices to take a minimum course, but there is the case of it being the last free thing around. Perhaps the answer is to make a practical and shore based course compulsory with the purchase of a powerboat, or have speed or power related restrictions. What do you think?

JBT Marine specialists in RIBs and Zodiac boats Royal Yachting association  RYA – RIBs are somtimes refered to as Zodiacs or inflatables

Featured Ribs
2007 Ribeye RIB 650 Sport Yamaha F150AETX
Ribeye RIB
6.5 M
2019 Ballistic RIB 7.8 Yamaha F 300
Ballistic RIB
7.8 M
View More RIBS
Trafalgar Group
Contact Us
  • Thetrafalgargroup
  • Boatclub
  • Drystack boat storage
  • Trafalgar shipyard
  • Thornhammarina
  • Ballisticribs
  • Ribsforsale
  • Trafalgar properties

Trafalgar Wharf Hamilton Road Portsmouth
Hampshire, PO6 4PX United Kingdom

Keep up to date with news, events & offers
© 2020 Ribs For Sale All rights reserved.
JBT Marine Limited; Part of the Trafalgar Group of companies
Registered Office: Midland House, 2 Poole Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 5QY Company Number: 03876396 VAT no: 704658236
  • We use the data you submit to fulfil your request. Privacy Policy.