You wake up on Saturday morning, full of excitement about a day on the water on your new RIB, open the curtains, take in the bright blue sky and light winds, but then…where’s your RIB? Last night your pride and joy was on the driveway ready for action and now she’s gone…..
How do you make sure this nightmare scenario has the best possible outcome?
The answer is by doing your homework on RIB Insurance thoroughly before you hand over your money. We’ve seen a few mishaps involving RIBS over the years and seen those claims either end in tears or in big beaming smiles depending on the insurance cover held.
Here’s some things that we recommend you check out in your RIB insurance policy before handing over your money:
– Do you get a discount on your premium for holding a recognized boating qualifications?
– Do the cruising limits meet your needs?
– Are there speed restrictions that negate much of your RIBs performance capability?
– Is there an international use extension for those spur of the moment RIB crossings to France?
– Is there legal protection of at least £2million?
– Is underwater gear covered as standard
– Are you covered whilst in transit? If so, what are the exclusions?
– Is there cover for when your RIB is parked on the driveway or boatyard and if so, what are the security precautions laid down by the insurer?
– Is there sufficient personal accident cover?
– Are delivery skippers and marina staff covered?
– What about water sports – are you covered for waterskiing or wake boarding from your RIB?
There are plenty more things to consider so look out for Part 2 or this blog…in the meantime we’re more than happy to offer our experience of good RIB insurers and the bad!
Alternatively simply check out our recommended RIB insurance provider here.